Our Core Activities Include:
- Transitional Shelters Construction
- Non Food Item Distribution
- One Room Shelter with Sanitation Facilities
- Technical Trainings to the local Artisans on DRR techniques
- Hygiene Promotion Trainings
- Female Vocational Trainings
- Rehabilitation of Small Shops
- Disaster Risk Reduction mainstreaming
- WASH Project
- Irrigation Channel
Transitional Shelters Construction:
Solidar Switzerland has expertise in providing Transitional shelters in the affected areas to support the vulnerable families in the early recovery stage and to provide them the opportunity to construct permanent houses.
Non Food Item Distribution:
Solidar Switzerland works in emergencies in Non Food Items Distributions to support affected and vulnerable families depending upon the need of items.
One Room Shelter:
Solidar Switzerland has provided safe and standard living conditions to the flood effected in five Union Councils in District Layyah through the support of material, labour and technical teams for the construction of one-room shelters and sanitation facilities.
Technical Trainings to the Local Artisans on DRR techniques:
Solidar Switzerland is increasing the local knowledge on better construction techniques which prevent the high affect of flood on the building through training of local artisans.
Hygiene Promotion Trainings:
Solidar Switzerland is conducting health and hygiene promotion activities to reduce the risky hygiene practices. Women, men and children from different casts, ethnic group and classes are involved in health hygiene activities in the community.
Female Vocational Training:
Solidar Switzerland is working to increase knowledge of females to gain income through the new or rehabilitated home based Poultry or Embroidery trainings which enable them for earning additional income for their families.We are also increasing the knowledge of females for a home based business to strengthen their connections with commercial market.
Rehabilitation of Small Shops:
After the floods many people lost their houses and destroyed their business. Solidar Switzerland is working to support flood victims families to reopen their before existing shops which provide them employment opportunities that can ensure their economic security and strengthen their reliance.
Disaster Risk Reduction Mainstreaming:
Mainstreaming of DRR in the District, Tehsil and Union Council governance Structure- DRR teams operational zed where targets are:
- 1 district team (ten pax)
- 2 thesils teams (20 pax)
- 5 UC teams (50 pax)
- 20 cluster villages teams
- Where benefits are derived by: 164'660 population
Total number of direct beneficiaries:
11,932 Direct beneficiaries
• 700 households (total estimated 4.900 beneficiaries) for WASH facilities.
• 30 most vulnerable households (total estimated 210 beneficiaries) for ORS.
• 1.460 skilled, semi- and unskilled artisans for DRR training.
• 2.500 individuals for hygiene training.
• 20 village committees (VCs) for training and support in DRR.
Irrigation Channel Project:
Easy and sufficient water access to the farmlands and maximizing its utilization, improve farmlands productive outputs, and develop farmers’ capacity to self-manage the irrigation channels.