This position is responsible for working directly with project direct hires and implementing partner at the district level to ensure smooth project implementation and that resources are applied appropriately (e.g. human, financial and materials). Responsibilities include providing leadership and program guidance in the development and implementation of practical activities in the districts over the life of the project, utilizing cross-cutting approaches such as performance and quality improvement and in-service training/pre-service education; ensuring the technical and methodological soundness of MNCH activities; and ensuring the timely, high-quality implementation and reporting of project activities.
Other responsibilities are as follow
- Mentor and support field program staff members (direct hires and implementing partner related) and provide management and oversight for all coordination, technical and community mobilization professionals staff so that technical approaches are translated into effective work plan and activity level implementation.
- Provide programmatic leadership and set priorities for the project according to Logical Frame work Analysis (LFA).
- Represent CHEF-MNCH interests at district-level, public and professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations with in-country stakeholders.
- Provide program technical assistance and capacity development for local government, partner facility and paramedic staff to gain knowledge and skills to manage MNCH services within the districts.
- Identify and disseminate best practices in field program management and help to build the core capacity of project implementing teams.
- Identify the project outcomes and document what behavior change is expected at the end of the project.
- Assume primary responsibility for developing detailed district-level activity plans for all project initiatives. Drive the activity matric content development within the annual work planning process.
- Ensure quality report submission in the reporting deadline having analytical & statistical data and explaining each objective achievement contribution to the project outcome.
- Cultivate strategic relationships between CHEF, its partners, donors, private sector entities, government ministries and other stakeholders for the smooth implementation of project activities at the district level in Pakistan.
- Frequent traveling for programmatic support within all provinces of Pakistan.
- Communicate actively and regularly with CHEF MNCH project staffs who work in the areas of technical, programmatic, managerial and administrative support issues.
- Perform Impact level assessment of project objectives and document the learning’s from the project.
· Outstanding project/program management skills demonstrated through strong management experience in donor-funded initiatives
· 2-5 years of practical field experience at the mid- to senior-level designing and implementing field-based programs focused on maternal, newborn and child health; capacity building; and service delivery improvement.
· Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop field program implementation capacity in individuals and institutions in the areas maternal, newborn and child health, and performance and quality improvement.
· Excellent concept note, proposal writing and slide presentation skills.
· A strong understanding of the Pakistani health care system; must have strong contacts in the Pakistan health sector.
· Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination required.
· Strong clinical background and experience preferred
· Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills in English.