Upaji Inc. is seeking a hands-on technical guru to join its leadership team in Pakistan as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer). Upaji is a VC backed start-up company focused on building a global online P2P marketplace with a top notch international team. Upaji has successfully tested a pilot in Los Angeles and as it moves forward, we are seeking an individual who can take us from where we’re at and move us to our next juncture redesign and redevelopment, which is already underway.
ou should be able to identify key industry and startup technical and development trends to build, manage, and scale the startup’s technical operations. The CTO should passionately evangelize the company’s mission, vision, and opportunities to all potential partners and vendors. First and foremost, this company was created from passion, enthusiasm and the desire to connect global stories from local perspectives. You too should really believe and love what we have achieved in the last one year, while adding skills and maintaining a strong why for joining us. The ideal candidate has a strong software background, preferably with internet and mobile app development experience, and a track record of strong coding and individual technical accomplishments. You possess an entrepreneurial drive, and a demonstrated ability to achieve short and long-term goals in an innovative environment. You will be working closely with the CEO and Chief Marketing Officer to develop, manage and maintain the platform roadmap
- Hands on development in all areas, when required
- Ability write and review code is compulsory;
- Managing, directing and continually improving the company’s platform services;
- API development;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers’ blogs!).
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Establish a specification conformance and testing regimen based on user stories and the User Experience design.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Select, deploy, and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures
- Daily management of engineering product plans/schedule/backlog and resources;
- Ability to work with non-technical individuals; taking ideas and creating the tools/product necessary.
Formal Education & Certification ·
University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus. Knowledge & Experience ·
Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.· 5 years experience managing web application development.·
2 years experience with a start-up company or project·
Familiar with PHP and/or Ruby with frameworks. ·
Knowledge of web standards.·
Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.·
Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.·
Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
Personal Attributes ·
Proven leadership ability.·
Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.·
Excellent written and oral communication skills.·
Excellent interpersonal skills.·
Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.·
Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.·
Keen attention to detail.·
Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.·
Exceptional service orientation.·
Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.