GENERAL SUMMARY: Creates prints for product design and development. Responsible for overall project management and administrative follow through for department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • Creates and edits computer generated prints, woven's and graphics, alters purchased prints and creates color ways. • Develops and presents CAD concepts to CEO and design development teams. • Assists in company initiatives that involve process innovation and new creative systems. • Performs departmental maintenance. • Continuously researches current trends in color and textiles techniques. • Responsible for the creation and maintenance of seasonal palettes. • Responsible for data back-up on daily basis ensuring proper procedures for data and file maintenance, CAD storage, etc. • Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for increasing workflow efficiencies and enhancing communication with business partners. • Responsible for preparation of artwork packages that comply with production ready standards. • Responsible for working within annual departmental budget constraints. • Communicates daily with vendors to track the progress of prints • Comments on print strike off’s to vendors to improve color and engraving
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Constant interaction with product development team
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• In depth knowledge of CAD systems and printers; Photoshop and Illustrator • Expertise of print and textile designs and techniques; color matching and creation of colorways. • Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills. • Excellent interpersonal skills. • General working knowledge of PC environment. • Awareness of product development from conceptualization to finished design for textiles. • Strong leadership and management skills. • Ability to express and influence customer on point of view. • Understanding of print techniques and printing process
2) Minimum educational level:
• College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
• Typically 5-7 years experience as a Computer Aided Designer
4) Physical Requirements:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision to check for design changes and messages on graphics monitors and the ability to adjust focus to look from surface designs on paper or fabric to computer screen