1. Organizational Information and broad function of the position:
Organization is a Swiss based International not-for-profit organization, with more than 75 years of work history in around 12 Countries. The programmatic areas of work are Decent Work, Governance, Humanitarian Aid, WASH, Livelihood, and Child Protection.The broad function of this position is to support the Manager Finance Admin. & HR for smooth operations of finance unit in the Country, and primarily responsible for implementation of strong internal controls, adhering to financial SOPs.
2. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Finance Officer are:
Project Cycle Management
• To demonstrate sound resource management and accountability and ensure that all Solidar project funds/resources are utilized towards the achievement of the project goals, in line with Solidar and donor policies and procedures;
• To ensure that the monthly work plans are properly implemented together with the input of the Training Coordinator and technical Staff;
• To supervise and support the Training Coordinator and technical staff in the design and implementation of project tools and methods including but not limited to surveys, constructions, training sessions;
• To ensure the effective design and implementation of needs assessments and beneficiary selection methods according to standardized set criteria and to transparently share these with the beneficiaries and their communities in line with Solidar conflict sensitivity approach
• To manage and implement monitoring and evaluation systems in close coordination with the Programme Manager for the activities and to train the respective national staff in this regard. In case of implementation through a national partner organisation, to monitor and evaluate the activities according to the set resources and respective budget.
Coordination and Communication
• To closely coordinate and facilitate all activities with the respective provincial and local government authorities, clusters/working groups, and other agencies in the project area to ensure the full integration and non-duplication of Solidar activities in the local context;
• To be proactive in keeping the Programme Manager (Islamabad) regularly informed about the achievements, plans and obstacles in the program;
• To organize regular meetings with the Training Coordinator and other staff and prepare meeting minutes;
• To explain the project activities to visitors.
• To collect weekly/biweekly/monthly activity reports from the Training Coordinator and merge them in a comprehensive and detailed monthly Situation Report (Sitrep) to be submitted to the Solidar country office in Islamabad, in order to report on the progress of all project activities, the status of Finance, Logistics, Admin and Human Resources Departments in the Muzaffargarh office, the security situation in Muzaffargarh, and the outcomes of meetings;
• To ensure that all materials and information needed for the drafting of regular and final reports to donors, government ministries and headquarters are submitted in time;
• To analyse and follow up the security situation on daily basis and regularly keep informed the Islamabad Office about any noteworthy development;
• To fulfil any other ad hoc reporting request put forward by the line manager or other authorizing personnel;
• To assist, support and guide the Training Coordinator and other field staff in the preparation of their activities, e.g. timetable of activities, monthly reports and maintenance of a proper record;
• To assess the human resources requirements and skills expected for the projects and to participate in staff recruitment and induction in coordination with the Programme Manager and Training Coordinator;
• To conduct capacity building Trainings for the Training Coordinator and other staff whenever necessary/required;
• To consider the possibility for Solidar staff to improve and expand their capacity and skills by pursuing internal/external training opportunities.
• To ensure that the field staff respects Solidar’s Standard Operating Procedures and Code of Conduct for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities:
• Training Coordinator and Technical Staff
• Logistics and Finance support staff
4. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
• B.Sc Civil Engineering / MBA or relevant qualification.
• At least 5 years of practical work experience with NGOs, preferably INGOs (working in emergencies) at similar position.
• Experience in community, schools, BHUs based projects would be an asset.
• Knowledge of compliance requirements for major donors with the proven ability to establish compliance systems.
• Demonstrated ability in financial reporting, usage of accounting software.
• Expert level skills in usage of MS Excel and other office applications.
5. Language Skills:
• Strong communications skills (oral and written).
• Fluency in English both reading and writing is a prerequisite.
6. Travel Requirements:
• Frequent travel to Islamabad (about 10-15%).
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of people.
8. How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to please submit their CV by 31 December 2014 mentioning title of position in the subject line. Application should include:
1) An updated CV; and
2) A cover letter which should include your suitability for the position, contact information for two work-related references and salary requirements.