Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 22 September 2023
What is Legal Counsel Tax?
This position handles tax litigation at Jazz; receives all kind of tax related issues from relevant stakeholders and resolves accordingly; reviews and analyses issues and devises strategies for timely rectification of the same; shares report with supervisor/management, provides justifications and seeks related approvals for implementation of strategies; ascertains appropriate legal course of action is taken by relevant stakeholders for tax related issues; reviews and evaluates changes in laws and ascertains organization complies when giving payments to vendors.
What does Legal Counsel Tax do?
- Manages tax litigation of organization amp; its subsidiaries and ascertains they are reported/recorded correctly.
- Coordinates with relevant teams to manage and resolve custom related issues i.e. custom duties, freight charges etc. for imported telecom equipment on timely basis.
- Obtains tax related regulatory issues from relevant departments; reviews and analyses issues to ensure timely resolution by devising and taking appropriate action after seeking related approvals.
- Acts as an organization’s representative in front of law enforcement agencies and provides justifications where/when needed with regards to organizations stance, rules and policies.
- Obtains tax related issues/demands from relevant stakeholders and shares with internal teams to take feedback through relevant documents for the same.
- Reviews and analyses issues and demand in the light of obtained documents; evaluates organizations stance and shares report with supervisor, explains rationale behind it and seeks approval to send a letter to internal departments with regards to tax issues.
- Prepares tax related issue draft and shares with external parties i.e. lawyers to ensure timely rectification of the identified issue in courts to safeguard organizational stance and ascertain smooth flow of operations.
- Monitors and evaluates changes implemented in laws and regulations by government regulatory bodies; ascertains vendor payments are released accordingly.
- Obtains notices from Federal amp; Provincial Tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, FBR, PRA, SRB,KPRA, etc. and reviews and evaluates notices, appear before Legal forums, where needed, and devises strategies accordingly.
- Shares reports with management/relevant stakeholders and explains rationale behind it.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Legal Counsel Tax?
- LLB/LLM with minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a reputed organization.
- Good knowledge of subscenes and procedural law.
- Adequate knowledge of taxation, custom, duties amp; regulatory issues.
- Drafting amp; research knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Conflict management.
- Detail and result oriented, persistent, confident, adaptable and positive attitude.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture - truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.