Beam is a tech start-up leveraging Generative AI and NLP to build AI Agents for business operations. Beam's generative agents help organisations to boost their productivity by automating repetitive tasks in seconds. Powered by LLMs, AI agents are easy to setup, seamlessly integrate with business applications and support teams where they need them most. We are on a mission to transform business practices by empowering organisations with artificial intelligence to increase efficiency, improve competitiveness, and scale operations globally.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at https://beam.so/
About the Role
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate (Sr.) Backend Engineers to join our team in the Karachi Office. As a Backend Engineer, you responsibilities will entail:
- Design and develop robust and scalable server-side components.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and build efficient, secure, and reliable APIs and backend services.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code using best practices and design patterns.
- Optimize application performance and ensure scalability to handle large volumes of data and user traffic.
- Implement data storage and retrieval mechanisms, including databases, caching layers, and search technologies.
- Collaborate with the frontend team to define and integrate APIs using OpenAPI specs for seamless data exchange and user experience
- Conduct code reviews, identify bugs, and propose solutions to ensure high code quality and system reliability.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to backend development.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes and tools to enhance team productivity and efficiency.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Around 4 to 5 years of proven experience as a Backend Engineer or similar role, with a focus on developing scalable web applications or platforms.
- Strong proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Node.js, Python or Golang.
- Proficiency in SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Experience with cloud platforms and services, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerisation technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with caching technologies like Redis.
- Prior experience working with Microservices architecture and implementing event-driven systems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a passion for tech.
The following are not strict requirements but will be given preference
- Experience with the NestJS framework for building scalable backend applications.
- Experience with CI/CD using tools like Github Actions, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins, or any other similar tools.
- Hands-on experience with queueing solutions and message brokers like AWS SNS + SQS, Kafka, or RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like AWS CDK, Terraform or Pulumi.
- Knowledge of and experience working with domain-driven design (DDD) principles and test-driven development (TDD) methodologies.
- Understanding and application of SOLID principles in software design and development.
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.