A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist’s main role is to analyze, review and implement changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines. This means maximizing the traffic to a site by improving page rank within search engines. An SEO Specialist will develop original content to include keyword or phrases that will increase traffic to a site. They may also test and implement testing various search engine marketing techniques, web site layouts and advertising for search engine optimization.
An SEO Specialist will analyze websites for improvements, have an in-depth knowledge of keyword research, understand SEO copywriting and serve a liaison between various departments, clients and contractors. A degree and a minimum of one to three years of web experience is required for the SEO Specialist position, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, programming language and blogging.
• Set-up and connect Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Perform extensive keyword research & analysis
• Create and Implement SEO optimized content, header tags, meta tags, image alt tags, etc.
• Submit client information to local directory listings including Bing and Yahoo
• Keep pace with Local SEO, PPC, Social Media, and Internet Marketing industry trends and developments