- Active Directory administration.
- Support and administration of print server and third party vendor applications.
- Monitoring and reporting of third party enterprise anti-virus application and remediation of reported issues.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting of staff and student staff computers by assessing the problem and applying a solution using techniques via phone, e-mail, service request system, remote assistance tools and/or in person.
- Formulate and implement solutions to meet customers’ requirements and timeline.
- Create master operating system images for deployment across the division including advanced system configurations and application settings, automated software deployment, and customized system features.
- Install, configure and support Windows based PC’s, Linux and thin client hardware.
- Ability to install, configure and support Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Install, configure and support complex software applications in both workstation and server environments.
- Define any problems in deploying software applications and/or hardware. Formulate solutions for the installation or maintenance of software/hardware.
- Coordinate equipment repair and preventative maintenance activities with third party vendors.
- Make recommendations on workstation hardware, software and networking requirements.
- Evaluate new technologies and propose improvements to the existing workstation environment.
- Configure and support mobile devices.
- Build reports, templates and write scripts to resolve customer facing requests.
· System Administrator is responsible for day-to-day support of the division’s systems, enhancing customers’ experiences and responding directly to items reported through the service request system.
· This includes, but is not limited to, operations for 7x24x365 customer service and help desk support.
· Will provide high-level desktop, server, and network operations support to staff within the division.
· Includes support efforts for 75+ staffs and lab workstations.
· Support includes, but is not limited to, PC hardware repairs, PC operating systems installation and configurations, desktop applications, and network connectivity.
- System Administrator will manage various special projects, encourage colleagues in projects they have and, at times, may work with the team’s staff to provide guidance regarding lower-level desktop support activities.