ThinkWell is an international health systems development organization focused on using tailored health financing approaches to help low- and middle-income countries achieve universal health coverage. We believe that effective health financing systems are essential to ensuring health services are well resourced, high quality, accessible, and do not cause financial impoverishment by those who use them. ThinkWell employs a whole-of-systems approach to health financing. We specialize in five practice areas that intersect with health financing: governance, human resources for health, private sector, public financial management, and research and evaluation.
ThinkWell has a growing portfolio of projects in Pakistan and is building a team of talented and motivated staff. We are seeking Research Interns to provide technical assistance and analytical and operational support to one or more projects in Pakistan. The Research Intern brings strong quantitative skills and research capacity (usually in health economics and financing), the ability to effectively synthesize and visualize findings, translate messages for various audiences, and provide program coordination support.
ThinkWell is seeking four interns for offices in Sindh, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Islamabad.
- Supporting literature review processes and summarizing findings effectively.
- Identifying published data and reports from sources to support project analyses and maintaining knowledge of such resources.
- Supporting basic qualitative and quantitative data analysis on various topics utilizing tools such as Excel and Stata.
- Developing primary data collection instruments for country research studies and maintaining Excel workbooks for data repository, cleaning, and analysis.
- Drafting or revising sections of donor reports and coordinating team member input.
- Supporting the development of compelling PowerPoint slide decks.
- Drafting correspondence for projects as requested and taking notes from meetings as well as notes from engagements such as technical reviews, client meetings, and project workshops.
- Assisting with various project administrative and operational responsibilities.
- Assisting with a range of project administrative and operational responsibilities, including but not limited to communications, organizing meetings and workshops, coordinating travel, and drafting donor correspondence.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work, and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
- An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risks, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
- A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
- Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
- A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
- Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
- Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware, and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Minimum education: Undergraduate Degree in any discipline.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required; proficiency in statistical analysis packages (e.g., STATA) preferred; Data visualization techniques/skills would be an added advantage.
- Exceptional analytical, research, and problem-solving capabilities.
- A thoughtful systems thinker with a grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work.
- Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data.
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism in engaging with external partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- Excellent fluency in English and Urdu; additional languages are a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities, and orientations as well as across work areas.