i. Operates centrifugal, reciprocating, chiller systems and associated pumps and equipment; monitors operation of low pressure air compressors, and distribution systems, chillers, water circulation pumps and monitoring systems; performs operating adjustments to maintain efficiency, chillers, and associated engineering plant equipment; operates computer terminal to interface with building automation and energy management system components.
b. Building Multi-System Operation: Ensure effective operation of assigned systems and equipment. Examples of typical work activities include /but not limited to:
i. Operate multiple systems (e.g., Building Management System consoles, peripheral equipment, telecommunication devices), monitor network devices and other energy management communication devices) Verify systems and network availability and respond to error messages;
ii. Calibrate, adjust, and align equipment;
iii. Perform backup/recovery procedures;
iv. Update alarm system messages;
v. Reset malfunctioning lines or connections;
4) Ensure that operations documentation and procedures are accurate and current, and maintain event logs.
5) Maintains and services all HVAC/Controls systems equipment and related components; also trouble shoots and repairs control circuits, electric pneumatic, electronic and direct digital software.
1. Must have a High School diploma or equivalent, 3-5 years of HVAC maintenance experience, an EPA license. A Trade School certificate is preferred and may substitute for 1 year of the experience requirement.
2. Work experience must be related to HVAC mechanical controls and building systems, and the installation and service of building HVAC / Chilled Water and direct digital control systems. Must maintain License (annual/bi-annual) currency with appropriate issuing authority.
3. Must have sufficient physical ability, strength, manual dexterity, and lifting ability (i.e. to lift, move, or carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 20 feet). This includes but is not limited to handling equipment for specialist crafts, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, motors, pumps, air conditioning components, lighting fixtures and poles, concrete work, and carpentry.