Microbiologist: Salary and other perk will be decided as per candidate ability)
The micro expert is an important person in the process. They are responsible for all microbiological-related activities. Working alongside the rest of the process team, they'll ensure the bacteria are healthy and stable, in order to gain maximum product yield.
Key responsibilities of the Microbiologist
Process-related microbiological oversight of a mammalian cell culture drug substance manufacture including:
Microbiology-related technical support for biotechnology product
Development of microbiological requirements for cleaning, sterilization, filtration and monitoring strategies
Operational microbiological support of environmental monitoring, clean utilities (WFI, Clean steam, process)
Liaise and coordinate activities with analytical microbiology laboratories and contract testing labs
Qualifications / Experience
Degree qualified, at minimum, in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent
Ideally holds a post grad qualification which included a research based element covering Cell Culture techniques
2+ years relevant industry experience
1. Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
2. Study growth, structure, development, and general characteristics of bacteria and other microorganisms to understand their relationship to human, plant, and animal health.
3. Prepare technical reports and recommendations based upon research outcomes.
4. Use a variety of specialized equipment such as electron microscopes, gas chromatographs and high pressure liquid chromatographs, electrophoresis units, thermo cyclers, fluorescence activated cell sorters and phosphor imagers.
5. Conduct chemical analyzes of substances, such as acids, alcohols, and enzymes.
6. Research use of bacteria and micro organisms to develop vitamins, antibiotics, amino acids, grain alcohol, sugars, and polymers.
7. Provide laboratory services &study microbes, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, algae and protozoa.