The PHP WordPress Developer/Designer will be a part of the Creative Team, assisting lead designers to work on advanced WP based eCommerce products. We’re looking for a front-end web developer/designer who knows the in’s and out’s of WordPress
and would be excited to help plan, build new features, squash bugs, and improving existing functionalities. We also need someone who can quickly problem solve tricky CSS issues
and has an intuitive feel for both usability and accessibility.
Our ideal candidate should have advanced experience building custom WordPress themes and plugins
; be able to identify and resolve WordPress issues (front-end/server/database)
for new feature development; expert skill in HTML5/CSS3
and mobile development
. Responsibilities include:
- Perform site-building activities, including creating and modifying views, contexts, and blocks in order to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs
- Install, test, and debug Drupal modules and/or WordPress plugins
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review
- Hand-code clean, semantic, standards-compliant, responsive HTML and CSS3 themes
- Evaluate designs, wireframes, and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues and flag problems appropriately
- Conduct peer review of themes created by other developers
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS, and Android platforms
- Clearly communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree and 3 plus years of experience
- High attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Excellent analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Quick aptitude for learning new software.
- Highly motivated to achieve client satisfaction with timely, high quality services.
- Self-starter and motivator with a strong sense of accountability.
- Experience with WooCommerce is a plus.
- Experience with Versioning Systems.
- Experience working in both Mac and Windows operating systems.