1. Ensures the efficient and environmentally appropriate operation of the plant.
2. Plans, directs, and controls plant operations and maintenance to ensure the safety of all plant personnel.
3. Leads efforts to identify root causes of plant operational problems and to develop recommendations for resolution.
4. Administers effective preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
5. Leads maintenance and repair planning efforts. Manages effective, safe and technically sound accomplishment of maintenance and repairs.
6. Assists the General Manager in the development and execution of operating budgets.
7. Reviews and continuously improves plant operating practices and procedures. Develops recommendations for improved effectiveness, efficiency, reliability, and safety.
8. Schedules plant personnel to ensure safe, reliable 24/7/365 operation of the plant while complying with the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and state boiler operator licensing requirements.
9. Develops and implements local procedures related to safety, housekeeping, environmental compliance, maintenance, and system efficiency.
10. Coordinates the activities of outside contractors.
11. Reviews daily operating logs, reports, and data; ensures inconsistencies or apparent problems are investigated, addressed, and resolved.
12. Participates in labor negotiations and union business including the resolution of grievances.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Mechanical Knowledge, operation management, AutoCAD and sound knowledge of Electrical and Plumbing work