Operating in an environment with both physical and virtual servers (Windows Servers, Linux Servers), the Systems Administrator will support the backup and recovery of an end-to-end system.
Linux semi-guru needed for 100% remote support of half a dozen servers running single instances of the LAMP stack and standard security stuff, (fail2ban, iptables, mod_security etc). Be functionally literate in PHP and MySQL, esp back-end bulk data operations, config tuning for small-to-medium loads, (up to tens of thousands of connections and rather clunky/inefficient back-ends).
Also misc dev assistance once the initial "clean-up" is done. This is in support of a distributed dev team so the supported environment will change from project to project, (dev instances plus sometimes helping customers with production instances).
Generally using newer CentOS/RHEL/Windows and there may be the occasional other distro. Minimum 5 years experience across at least a few different environments.
This position will also maintain all databases required by the system and user base. The Systems Administrator will perform daily system maintenance activities to maintain 24/7, 365 days/year system and services availability; activities include the repair, patching, fixing or replacement of existing hardware and software. The Systems Administrator will also provide Tier2 Help Desk duties for tickets escalated.
1. Microsoft Systems / Servers
2. Red Hat Linux Systems / Servers
3. SAN storage devices
4. .net (web / desktop) applications
5. PhP applications
6. Office Automation Services
7. multiple classification domains
8. Hosting Management
9. Servers backup
10. Performance tuning of web applications, web servers
11. Preventing security threats
12. Firewall configuration and settings
13. VPN configuration and settings
14. Source code management
15. Files / Directories Management
16. Setting and Configuring Development / Staging and Productions Servers (databases and applications cloning)
17. Resolve Issues facing to development teams
18. Configure the SSL certificates