Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
1. Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
2. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
3. Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
4. Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
5. Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
6. Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
7. Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
8. Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
9. Resolve accounting discrepancies.
10. Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
11. Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
12. Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
13. Other duties as assigned.