Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports and assists electricians in performance of their duties, assists with the training of lower level technician staff.
- Advice maintenance manager / supervisor on inventory of repair parts and supplies & ordering material as needed.
- Installs wire and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Terminates wiring to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Replaces faulty wiring and electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices.
- Diagnoses, tests, and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Connects unit to be tested to test equipment such as signal generator, frequency meter, or spectrum analyzer.
- Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacity.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify proper operation.
- Records maintenance actions taken on work order forms.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Reads and understands technical manuals and system piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with technical manual procedures.
- Prepares legible and understandable work orders for required preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Reads, understands, and complies with all plant safety and regulatory procedures.
- Installs, maintains , calibrates, trouble shoots and repairs to competent level electronic, electrical, electromechanical, thermal, mechanical and pneumatic instrumentation and controls utilised in the operations of the power plant
- Gains proficiency and sufficient working knowledge of PLC and controllers utilising all the available sources such as technical manuals, site training programmes and communication with vendors and OEMs.
- Maintains plant instrumentation and controls for gas and steam turbine generators, steam turbines, heat recovery steam generators, diesel generator, water and diesel treatment plants and control systems, metering and monitoring systems and other related systems and equipments.
- To comply with all EHS policies and procedures as developed and implemented at site in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Understand OH&S risks / hazards and environmental / legislative aspect/ impacts related to work activities.
Non essential duties and responsibilities:
The requirements listed below are normally assigned to persons filling this position. These duties may be shifted to other individuals within the company or reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Preserves and cleans the control room, I&E shop, and all outside power systems.
Associate's degree in (Instrumentation and Control) or in Electronics or equivalent from two year college or technical school.