Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnoses malfunctions in machinery and equipment and effectively communicate with the Shift Supervisor.
- Sufficient knowledge of distributed control system (DCS) and be able to operate and monitor plant equipment through DCS and from local as well.
- Interprets specifications and job orders.
- Communicates with maintenance department as per the advice of shift supervisor about malfunctions in machines and equipment.
- Helps shift supervisor in compiling the operation reports such as daily facility report and event summary.
- Coordinates with maintenance department in safe isolation of equipment for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Reads and record meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, temperature or pressure, and fluid levels.
- Meets operational schedules by distributing power demands among the generators and starting or stopping generating units and connecting or disconnecting them from circuits, units, boilers and open or close valves etc, as per direction of Shift Supervisor / Operations Manager.
- Opens and closes valves as required for proper system operation and mechanical isolation.
- Opens and closes circuit breakers for proper system operation and electrical isolation.
- Coordinates with assistant operator plant to start or stop generation.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant.
- Analyses and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Completes work orders for required operational preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure it is completed in accordance with technical manual procedures.
- Reads and understands technical manuals and system piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Reads, understands, and ensures compliance with all plant safety and regulatory procedures.
- Should be able to perform the duties of control room operator under specific instructions of the plant management.
- May clean, repair and maintain power plant equipment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Understand OH&S risks / hazards and environmental / legislative aspect / impacts related to work activities.
To perform this position successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
12 Year secondary education and/or B.Tech/DAE in any discipline; Minimum 05 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.