· Check eligibility and benefit verification.
· Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
· Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
· Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid
· Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
· Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
· Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
· Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
· All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
· Research and appeal denied claims.
· Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
· Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
· Update billing software with rate changes.
· Updates cash spreadsheet, runs collection reports.
· Knowledge of HIPA/OSHA, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
· Use of computer systems
· Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
· Able to work in a team environment.
· Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
· Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
· Preferably have knowledge of working on different billing software's especially "Kareo" and "CureMD EMR.