The Human Resources Manager will directly and indirectly (through support staff) oversee all Human Resource issues in the areas of personnel management, policy and procedures, record keeping, contractual and legal matters, training, and the design and implementation of HR administrative systems for the Lower FATA Livelihoods Development Program (LDP).
- Ensure up to date maintenance of Human Resource and Personnel files for all Peshawar based programs and liaise with Field Staff routinely.
- Ensure that all employees have accurate job descriptions. Work with relevant supervisor and the Chief Administration Officer to revise job descriptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Develop, organize and follow a hiring practice in coordination with relevant supervisors.
- Liaise with appropriate Government Office on all personnel issues to ensure total compliance to government system policies.
- Assist in the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff.
- Provide updated orientation package and arrange presentation to all new staff.
- Work in conjunction with Regional Coordinators and Field Managers to ensure that all staff are evaluated accurately.
- Identify training needs and develop internal and external training opportunities for all EMPLOYER staff.
- Monitor and resolve potential personnel problems and achievements. Develop and maintain an accurate staff database.
- Prepare the staff payroll and ensure payroll roster is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure efficient functioning of the administrative filing system for the Pakistan office.
- Outside of the obligation to inform the Country and Chief Administration Officers, maintain absolute confidentiality and professionalism for all personnel paperwork, records and issues.
- Take lead role in Personnel Policy updates and amendments.
- Communicate areas of change in both policy and procedure to all staff working through appropriate manager/coordinators. Institute and apply all policies and procedures for both National and International staff in a manner which is fair, transparent and consistent.
- Ensure total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff Personnel Policy.
- Become familiar with EMPLOYER Expatriate policy and administration manual.
- Review and recommend policy changes to Chief Administration Officer when appropriate.
- Review salary changes through annual surveys and/or reviews and make recommendations to adjust job classifications or salary levels
Organization Design/Development and Technical Assistance
- Designs, develops, plans, implements, and markets staff development orientations, in-service and training programs for managers, supervisors, and support staff regarding the quality management System, management skills, and other training as needed based on identified needs through assessment
- Align quality management training programs with organization development needs and the vision of the Office
- Acts as a consultant to the Lower FATA LDP in matters pertaining to internal staff development and quality management; coordinates and implements comprehensive accountability systems including organization and community reports of results.
Insurance, Properties and Leases
- Liaise with relevant authorities and/or agencies to develop standard medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain system of medical claims as a substitute for medical insurance policy.
- Track all EMPLOYER Leases and recommend renewal in a timely manner.
- Submit staff contracts and agreements to Chief Administration Officer for approval and Chief of Party for signature.
- Track contracts and undertake extensions or renegotiations in a timely manner that involves the relevant supervisor.
- Promote and uphold EMPLOYER's mandatory reporting procedures.
- Ensure EMPLOYER's compliance to all applicable laws and principles.
- With consistent feedback to the Chief Administration Officer, liaise with the EMPLOYER assigned attorney on all legal issues.
- Provide regular verbal feedback and reports to the Chief Administration Officer.
- Ensure personal staff expenses are reimbursed or properly deducted from salary.
- Update all organizational reference sheets on a monthly basis (phone, NGO, Org charts, etc.).
- Visit field sites to follow up on personnel issues.
- Represent Lower FATA LDP at Administration forums.
- Assist with other duties as required by Chief Administration Officer.
- High degree of computer literacy; Excel and Word are essential.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of policies, rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits, recruitment and selection practices and training programs.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.