The main job of the Product Manager is planning, specifically, planning the next release of software and bringing together all of the elements to make sure it is well built and successful in the marketplace. The Product Manager is responsible for the following:
— Laying out the strategic product roadmap.
— Keeping feelers on customers, competitors, and the market to see where the product should be going.
— Writing requirements documents for the next release, and socializing them with the organization.
— Supporting the engineering build-out of the product, and sales efforts for the product.
— Overseeing and contributing to user documentation and training; outbound marketing; product support, and handling support escalations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enable the development and oversight of our product release schedule for all of our apps
- Work closely with development, QA, marketing and others to deliver a valuable, high quality product
- Escalate decisions to product owners and sponsors as necessary
- Partner with business stakeholders to determine the goals and requirements of the program
- Conduct a thorough product analysis to develop complete, accurate, unambiguous requirements/stories in support of the program
- Responsible for operational support, performance monitoring and automated testing
- Manage risks and resolve issues affecting scope, quality, and schedule
- Lead the team to work in a collaborative, customer-focused environment
- Direct analyst and QA activities to deliver product effectively
- Develops relevant artifacts for communication, direction, delivery, quality, and solutions
- Analyzes potential partner relationships for the product
- Stay up to date on industry trends to provide insights and recommendations for the roadmap.