1. Apply research techniques and procedures of high complexity and specialization in a specific part of the overall project that has been assigned.
2. Assist in the supervision of duties assigned to support staff working in the unit, to ensure the techniques are performed in compliance with established quality standards.
3. Report the tasks performed and the results achieved in the project that has been assigned.
4. Report to your immediate supervisor any abnormal situations that arise in the development of the project assigned, for immediate correction.
5. Collaborate in field, and laboratory tasks as assigned, in order to help achieve the objectives of the unit.
6. Contribute to the training and updating of knowledge and research techniques to the rest of the staff working in the unit, and keep updated on new research.
7. Attend working visits to other field trials.
8. Keep a check on inventories of products and materials used and request a replacement when required.
9. Verify that equipment and facilities are in good operating condition and report any maintenance needed.
10. Perform support activities that are required in the unit, according to the instructions of your manager.