Career with BRAC International
Country Representative- BRAC Pakistan
Job Location: Country Head Office, Islamabad, Pakistan
BRAC Pakistan started its operation in 2007 to assist government of Pakistan to alleviate poverty, and increase access to education and health. Currently BRAC Pakistan is operating microfinance and education programmes.
The Country Representative will be part of the senior management team of BRAC Iinternational and have shared accountability for programmatic and operational responsibilities. As head of the country office, the Country Representative will be responsible for delivering BRAC International country strategy through quality programming as well as liaising with funding partners BRAC USA and BRAC UK to enhance programme profile of BRAC Pakistan.
The role provides immense opportunity to play an increasingly important and decisive strategic role within BRAC International while leading a diverse workforce of in-country staff. The role will report to the Director, Asia Region and receive support to carry out day-to-day activities from a variety of sources at BRAC International – Executive Director, Head of HR, Head of Finance, programme anchors and other unit heads in BRAC International based in the Head Office in Dhaka.
- Uphold, promote, and apply the core Values and Mission of BRAC in the host country
- Lead and supervise the programme managers on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects to ensure the effective and efficient execution of project deliverables
- Create funding opportunities to initiate new projects/programmes
- Participate in programme development and the writing of project proposals for extension of existing and/or establishment of new programmes in host country
- Ensure a relevant, timely and accurate flow of strategic, management and operational reports for the implementation of effective work according to programme objectives and standards and to meet reporting standards of donors, partner offices and the headquarters
- Supervise managers to ensure regular budget monitoring to be conducted for all programmes/ projects
- Ensure adequate systems are in place and followed, regarding programme procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories and similar activities
- Represent BRAC to foreign and national governments, partners, donors and other stakeholders, and develop and maintain productive relationships and be BRAC’s representative and spokesperson to local and international media/ audience
- Direct and manage staffing in the country while focusing on developing capabilities appropriate to the strategic and operational needs of projects/programs, needs of both the present and future within the country and create ownership among local staff
- Ensure proper and transparent management of resources and reporting systems are established in the country in accordance with the policy and procedures and all regulatory requirements of BRAC, host country governments and donor’s policy
- Visit projects to advise, build relationships, evaluate and inspect the funded projects and follow up on audit findings, risk register and monitoring report
- Analyse continuous impact and effectiveness of existing programmes on a national level and adapt accordingly
- Liaise with Advisory Committee Members