YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
As a Product Manager you will be primarily involved in planning, specifically, planning the next release of software and bringing together all of the elements to make sure it is well built and successful in the marketplace.
Your main portfolio will include:
— Laying out the strategic product roadmap.
— Keeping feelers on competitors and the market to see where the product should be going.
— Creating backlog and assisting scrum master in sprint grooming.
— Coordinating with domain experts regarding feature addition and product enhancement.
— Supporting the engineering build-out of the product, and sales efforts for the product.
— Defining and executing sales and marketing strategies for these products.
— Overseeing and contributing to user documentation and training, product support, and handling support escalations.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Enable the development and oversight of our product release schedule for apps
• Work closely with development, QA, marketing and others to deliver a valuable, high quality product
• Escalate decisions to product owners and sponsors as necessary
• Partner with business stakeholders to determine the goals and requirements of the program
• Conduct a thorough product analysis to develop complete, accurate, unambiguous user stories in support of the program
• Responsible for operational support, performance monitoring and testing
• Manage risks and resolve issues affecting scope, quality and schedule
• Lead the team to work in a collaborative, goal-focused environment
• Direct analyst and QA activities to deliver product effectively
• Develops relevant artifacts for communication, direction, delivery, quality and solutions
• Analyzes potential partner relationships for the product
• Stay up to date on industry trends to provide insights and recommendations for the roadmap.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years’ experience in leading teams that have delivered successful software products
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / MIS expected.
WHAT ELSE WE LOOK FOR?
• Smart thinker who is able to understand and discuss high level system diagrams and visualizations to understand impact on solution design
• Strong understanding/experience in native mobile application development for iOS and Android
• Technical delivery experience in an agile environment
• Understanding of the interplay between QA and continuous integration/continuous delivery
• Interpersonal skills - strong partnering/relationship building abilities and effective communication with small and large groups
• Ability to understand technical concepts and evaluate tradeoffs
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment operating at both strategic and tactical level
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of modern software development and best practices