1) Arranges reservations and routing for passengers at request of Ticket Agent.
2) Examines passenger ticket or pass to direct passenger to specified area for loading.
3) Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books, and computer.
4) Reads coded data on tickets to ascertain destination, marks tickets, and assigns boarding pass.
5) Assists passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart conveyance.
6) Informs travel agents in other locations of space reserved or available.
7) Sells travel insurance.
8) Announces arrival and departure information, using public-address system.9) Telephones customer or Ticket Agent to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservation.
10) Sells and assembles tickets for transmittal or mailing to customers.
11) Answers inquiries made to travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines.
12) Checks baggage and directs passenger to designated location for loading.
13) Assigns specified space to customers and maintains computerized inventory of passenger space available.
14) Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customer.