1) Creating or visualising an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD).
2) Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes.
3) Working with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters, to develop products to meet a brief.
4) Liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price points.
5) Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and technical specifications for designs.
6) Sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments.
7) Adapting existing designs for mass production.
8) Overseeing production.
9) Negotiating with customers and suppliers.
1) High on Creativity and Artistic Skills.
2) Excellent Drawing Ability.
3) Fine Eye for Detail.
4) Strong Visualization Skills.
5) Excellent Communication and interpersonal Skills.
6) A Sharp Business Sense.
7) A Competitive Spirit