HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION Sector H-9, Islamabad HIRING OF CONSULTANT (Strategic Planning)
The Higher Education Commission requires the services Of a Consultant who will be responsible to work with the Chairman HEC, Executive Director and Senior Management Committee, HEC. The incumbent will be required to provide strategic advice in bridging the divide between Natural Sciences and Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, and focus on developing and implementing programmes of teaching and research on the rich historical, philosophic and cultural traditions of Pakistan.
Terms of Reference
1. Assist HEC in developing a new combined Academy of Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities to activate renaissance of Pakistan's cultural heritage through empirical research undertaken by eminent scholars and teachers in the growing number of Tier-I HEIS in Pakistan
2. Work closely with the network of Seerat Chairs to generate vibrant academic activity to stimulate intellectual discourse based on the primary historical and cultural sources
3. Develop a new policy of selection, placement and launching of Pakistan Chairs in eminent seats of higher learning in strategically important countries to undertake scholarly networking to create a soft image of Pakistan and its heritage
4. Work closely in the Chairman Secretariat with international collaborating institutions and individuals in major higher education reform projects designed to improve the quality of teaching. learning. research and service in HEIs
5. Have strong intellectual skills and significant professional experience in notional and international comparative higher education to support and facilitate any work assigned by the Chairman
Qualification & Experience
Bachelor's/ Master's degree (1 6 years Of education) with 15 years of relevant post-qualification experience
Applicants ore required to download application form from HEC website http://hec.gov.pk/site/eoi and send hard copy of the application form along with the photograph and photocopies of required documents (viz. educational and experience certificates, etc.)
Selected candidate can be posted anywhere in Pakistan.
HEC is an equal opportunity employer
No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in test/interview
Last date for submission of application March 8, 2019
Period of appointment will be one year (extendable on the basis of job requirement)