1. CPPA-G has been granted license for deemed market operator in 2015, in-order to become an effective Market Operator and ensure compliance with the Market Rules and Commercial Code, CPPA organization as a whole is envisaged to perform nine main functions including Settlement, Finance, Power Procurement, Legal and Corporate Affairs, HR, IT, Market Administration, Monitoring and Coordination, and Strategy and Business Planning.
2. The energy and demand forecast is an essential input to inform future power procurement for CPPA-G and it is also an important feature of the proposed CTBCM market. It forms the basis for the planning functions. The medium-term forecast is used for girds planning and the longterm forecast is used for generation planning.
3. To facilitate the preparation and improve the quality of the energy and demand forecasts prepared by NTDC and DISCOs, an individual consultant from the market is required, who will work with the Strategy and Market Development Department (SMD) of CPPA-G.
4. CPPA-G envisage that there is need to sustain such work in the long run, therefore the consultant will propose the organization structures in NTDC and DISCOs for demand forecasts and provide trainings to NTDC and DISCOs staff to transfer knowledge to other power sector professionals.
B. Scope of Work.
5. The scope of work for the consultant includes (i) Preparation/Supervision of the demand forecasts prepared by NTDC and DISCOs. (ii) Aggregation of the forecasts prepared by individual DISCOs in coordination with NTDC. (iii) Provide on job trainings and class room trainings to the DISCOs and NTDC staff to enhance forecasting capability of power sector professionals. (iv) Prepare training manuals and the forecasting models operation manuals/user guides. (v) Assist in coordinating with NEPRA to get the forecasts approved. (vi) Propose structure and hierarchy of Energy and Demand Forecast section within DISCOs that will work with the planning department of each DISCO. Also, propose Job Description and Key Performance Indicators for the positions. This proposed forecasting section will reflect / cater to the current and future requirements of each DISCO. This is also an important milestone to create readiness for the future proposed market. (vii)Provide an independent review of the overall forecasts and provide written feedback on the methodology, data, assumptions, outputs/results etc. (viii) Assist the forecasting agencies / departments to understand the feedback and improve the forecast (if required). (ix) Perform any other relevant task assigned.
C. Period of assignment/services:
6. The duration of the assignment is one year and is extendable further based on requirement. D. Consultant Qualification
7. Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, minimum 20 years of overall experience in power sector, and minimum 15 years of experience in energy and demand forecasting. An additional degree in Economics/Finance will be an added advantage.
8. The Consultant is expected to be well versant with the energy and demand forecasting tools and has worked on forecasting for the power system of Pakistan.
9. The Consultant's previous experience in similar and/or related assignments would be an additional asset.