We are currently looking for a robust, dynamic and passionate IT professional to act as a Senior Support Consultant / Technical Lead with exposure in Linux and/or Unix.You will be reporting directly to Director Consulting & Manager Managed Services.
The Key responsibilities for this challenging role includes:
Managing Unix and Oracle related accounts and act as L3 support for critical System Admin related calls. Ideally we are looking for a candidate who possess capabilities in both Linux & Unix with some background preferably in Oracle.
For System Admin Support, you should have experience of 4 or more years with exposure to:
· Production support of UNIX or Linux servers for the front and back office
· Perform daily UNIX/Linux system administration tasks within the UNIX/Linux infrastructure, including monitoring and diagnosing backup issues· Support and consultancy for the Development and UAT UNIX Environments, Backup and Storage Products and Disaster Recovery.
· Automation of process utilising your scripting (Shell or Perl) skills
· Develop and implement methods to pro-actively manage the environment
· Ongoing BAU and Project workTechnical skills required include: (not all mandatory)
· HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, Linux/Redhat installation & administration
· Working with Volume Groups
· Comprehensive study & implementation of System backups for all flavours of Unix.
· Performance Analysis experience
· Working exposure with Cluster softwares on Unix Flavours
· NFS/NTP/DNS/DHCP/ Network configuration on different Unix Flavours.
· Comprehensive understanding of networks, DNS, web services, tomcat & Java preferred· Network protocols (TCP/IP)
· Shell scripting (ksh, perl)· Experience in monitoring systems remotely
Skills: In combination, you are required to have
· Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
· Worked with servers communicating through firewalls and have a full understanding of firewalls down to port/protocol level.
· A good understanding of the demands of supporting servers in mission-critical environments such as those in the Banking/ Financial sector.
· Experience in providing and supporting Service Continuity (DR).
· Ability to handle rapidly changing and competing priorities and able to work after hours .. Good communication skills
· Tertiary Education (University degree/Advance Diploma)· Ability to work in a team environment & learn new technologies
· Experience in looking after 24/7 environments
· Be able & available to work on Production issues after hours or on weekends
· Experience in working under a production support & pressured environment
· Troubleshooting, problem solving and able to drive issues to resolution
· Experience in performing health checks of database systems
. Experience with virtualisation software technologies