Develop and research ideas for an original movie screenplay.
Create an initial framework, or treatment, for screenplay.
Write or adapt a story into a script.
Meet with film executives to pitch screenplays and ideas.
Weave together visual elements in scenes with plot and dialogue.
Work with producers and directors to edit and adjust the script as needed.
- A strong command of the English language and the ability to write a compelling story is a must for this job.
- The screenwriter must be able to come up with new ideas and also envision what a film might be like before it's made.
- Must be creative, come up with amazing ideas and execute them.
- Must have sound knowledge of the media world and ample experience in the field.
- Must work in collaboration with producer and directors in order to produce a fine product.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Experience of working with big productions will be highly desirable.