Eye on Ivy
Eye on Ivy is a registered education consultancy firm that offer strategic advice and guidance on the admissions process to a wide variety of programs abroad. We have positions open for College Counselors to be part of our rapidly expanding team. This position is full-time and reports directly to the CEO and Head Counselor.
We are looking for an organized, engaging Admissions Counselor who will connect students with the right schools, programs, and resources overseas to help them get the most out of the college experience. The Admission Counselor will meet with students to assess their academic standing and extracurricular activities, inform them about colleges, programs, and majors, and connect them with resources that will help them get into and pay for school. You will also conduct interviews, conduct information sessions, and represent the Company at college fairs or other recruiting or outreach initiatives.
To be a successful Admissions Counselor, you should be committed to learning more about the students you work with and how they may benefit from specific schools or programs. You should be knowledgeable, resourceful, and supportive with strong communication skills.
- Assisting students in universities, colleges, and high schools to help them prepare for, select, and get into schools.
- Highlighting the benefits of specific schools, programs, and courses.
- Helping students choose courses, internships, volunteer opportunities, and extracurricular activities that will help them get into their chosen colleges or careers after graduation.
- Staying current with school admission processes and requirements, school programs, majors, and courses, and developments in education and financial aid.
- Organizing recruiting events and representing the Company at college fairs, high schools, and other promotional opportunities.
- Conducting interviews, reviewing application materials, and assisting in the admissions decision making process.
- Conducting information sessions.
- Developing and maintaining an active network to plan events, help students find opportunities in their fields, and obtain funding.
- Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources.
In order to be successful and achieve the above responsibilities, the College Counselor must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from UK/USA in a related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in student counseling highly preferable.
- Familiarity with college and university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people reading skills.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Salary will be commensurate with education and work experience. Eye on Ivy offers market competitive rates.