The SharePoint Administrator will be responsible for the overall support and maintenance of the Microsoft SharePoint Online platform and related solutions. This includes day-to-day operational support activities as well as strategic planning initiatives involving SharePoint / Office 365.
The SharePoint Administrator will assist as the Level 2 technical support resource within the IT department and act as the SME for SharePoint-related projects and assess/implement new capabilities as needed throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitors SharePoint software for any glitches or problems.
• Troubleshoots issues promptly.
• Oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint.
• Manages and revises the layout of the site.
• Customizes SharePoint site for company purposes.
• Analyzes daily user activity on SharePoint.
• Maintains records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity.
• Reports to company management with updates and information about SharePoint use.
• Provides technical support for SharePoint users.
• Addresses questions or concerns from business owners or directors regarding the function of the software.
• Keeps apprised of Microsoft updates to SharePoint software.
• Applies updates to company’s edition of SharePoint as necessary.
• Maintains SharePoint firewalls and security.
• Holds training and informational sessions to teach employees how to use SharePoint.
• Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business’s goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• SharePoint 2013 or 2016 farm administration experience in on premise, Cloud or O365 environment
• Experience with search configuration and My Sites
• SharePoint Migrations/Upgrades
• Experience with PowerShell for common farm tasks
•Demonstrates specific knowledge of the function and makeup of Microsoft SharePoint.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Servers.
• Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security.
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
• Possesses ability to think creatively to devise customizations and uses for SharePoint.
• Exhibits knowledge of software development industry.
• Familiar with website layouts and html.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Works well within a team.
• Demonstrates ability to work and conduct research independently.
• Manages time efficiently and multi-tasks effectively.
• Able to think and work quickly to remedy system shutdowns or serious software problems.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is required.
• Previous experience working with SharePoint is required.