Linux Site Operations Consultant (Shifted Work Week)Location
: Hyderabad, IndiaSchedule
: Friday 8am-5pm | Saturday 8am to 8pm | Sunday 8am to 8pm | Monday 8am -5pm IST (40 hours per week, 3 days off (Tuesday, Wednesday amp; Thursday)Why you?
Do you thrive on solving tough problemseven under pressure? Are you motivated by fast-paced environments with continuous learning opportunities? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team of peers who push you to constantly up your game?
At Pythian, we are building a next-generation Site Reliability Engineering team. We need motivated and talented individuals on our teams, and we want you!
You’ll provide operational support to clients’ servers, applications, and network systems. Along with daily client infrastructure maintenance, you’ll manage networks and servers for everything from small start-ups to huge enterprises. You’ll work with innovative clients, such as Sonos, Harvard Business Publishing, and many more.What will you be doing?
- Operate, maintain and administer solutions that contribute to the operational efficiency, availability and visibility of customer infrastructure.
- Plan maintenance activity, design documentation and standard procedures.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis reports for outages/incidents (ITIL - Problem Management).
- Observe and provide feedback on the current state of the client’s infrastructure, and identify opportunities to improve resiliency, reduce the occurrence of incidents and automate repetitive administrative and operational tasks.
- Contribute to, improve and maintain team documentation about client systems and infrastructure, procedures, policies and schedules.
- Gather and document information about client environments through audit activities, and analyze the information to identify opportunities for improvement and application of best practices.
- Work collaboratively with team mates to contribute to the continuous improvement of our working culture.
- Act as a technology leader for clients, as well as drive client discussions on technology road maps.
- Participate in an on-call rotation in an escalation capacity.
What do we need from you?
- While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Understanding the end to end operations of a ‘Business System’ vs components.
- Comprehensive systems hardware and network troubleshooting experience.
- Common Linux distribution platform installation, configuration and performance tuning
- TCP/IP networking, NIC bonding and network services configuration (DNS, NTP, DHCP, SMTP, etc).
- Operation and administration of virtual infrastructure, including experience with at least one hypervisor (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc).
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Google for example, including infrastructure as code deployment with Cloud Formation, Terraform, Opsworks etc).
- Ability to describe IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, pros and cons of each, use cases for virtualization and cloud.
- Administration of web servers and supporting technologies, including network load balancers.
- Familiarity with microservices and container technologies (Docker, lxc etc).
- Scripting and automation of administrative tasks using bash, perl, python, ruby, etc.
- Experience with the design, development and deployment of at least one major configuration management framework (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Chef).
- System and application error investigation, troubleshooting of access/availability issues including deep multi system root cause analysis.
- Experience managing networking devices, such as switches and firewalls from a variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, processes, and culture.
- Exposure and operational experience with network monitoring systems (NMS).
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Working Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday amp; Monday
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Work from home! Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks paid time off, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Device of your choosing for day one and options to personalize your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS, media, and gaming to financial services, e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian
on Twitter and @loveyourdata
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open around the world! Pythian Careers