Hyderabad | Somajiguda | Telangana | IndiaAvailable Shifts - European Time Zone's (GMT/CEST/EEST) IST 2pm to 11pm | 3pm to 12pm | 4pm to 1amWhy You?
Are you an experienced Hyderabad based DevOps Engineer? Can you work remotely for the moment and return to work in our Somajiguda office in the future? Can you build high quality solutions to achieve business objectives? Can you work on your own or as part of a team, to understand the path of a project, provide insight on implementation details, and deliver world class solutions? Is Automation a way of life? Do you understand how to balance complexity and functionality? At the end of the day, DevOps creates interesting solutions using cutting edge technology and uses their skills to deliver value to our clients, so if you love solving complex problems and want to love your career this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- As a DevOps Engineer you will become part of our clients’ team, building trust, providing technical leadership and managing client relationships with regards to the current project to which the Engineer is assigned.
- Work with stakeholders to discover technical and business requirements, assist in project plan creation and documentation for both small and medium sized projects.
- Participation in sprint planning activities including story point estimation and ceremonies such as standups, backlog grooming and story refinement, planning and retrospectives.
- Implement technical project work and deliver to clients.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend third party software and technology packages.
- Provide component or site-wide performance optimization and capacity planning.
- Make and document best practice recommendations.
- Create automated provisioning solutions for servers, environments, cloud, container platforms and data centers.
- Continuously learn and improve existing technical skills, and acquire new skills that will be useful for future work.
- Be an expert on a wide range of tools and platforms, and embrace an ever evolving technology landscape.
- Work a shifted work day to match an America's Time Zone
What do we need from you?
- We are looking for DevOps engineers that already possess some or all of the following skills:
- Experience Engineering solutions on major cloud provider platforms ideally Google Cloud Platform (GCP) but Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are also great.
- Hands on experience as an administrator of Linux or Windows, preferably both.
- Strong understanding of architectures and design patterns used to ensure applications and services are highly available, performant and scalable.
- Experience supporting common open-source application stacks
- Proficiency in at least one popular programming language (Java, Python, Go, Node.js etc) and be able to write scripts for maintenance and automation in a variety of languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, or Powershell etc).
- Experience with common configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Strong knowledge of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications, ideally with hands-on experience with Kubernetes and tools such as Helm and Istio.
- Exposure to Anthos a plus.
- Be skilled with common CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, ArgoCD, etc)
- Development workflows / patterns including Gitops, automated testing frameworks, gitflow vs trunk based development, etc
- Experience with stream-processing software platforms such as Kafka
- Understanding of the principles of data security, including encryption, access control and identity management, and the technical application of associated policies, such as separation of duties and data custodianship.
What do you get in return?
Why Pythian?Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a DevOps Engineer; live in Hyderabad; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
- Competitive total rewards package with excellent CTC with a shifted work time premium and an annual bonus!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance: A device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out @Pythian and #pythianlife. Follow @PythianJobs on Twitter and @loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open around the world!Pythian Careers
DisclaimerFor this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.No recruitment agencies