IndiaAvailable Working Schedules
: - 8am - 5pm IST- 10pm - 6am IST (Night Shift - to cover North American time zone. Shift premium is offered!)Why you?
Are you community minded? Do you blog, contribute to the Open Source community? Are you inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be an open-source database engineer and administrator, and we want you to be a part of the world’s largest team of MySQL and MariaDB professionals.What will you be doing?
As a C++ Engineer, you will be responsible for a full software development life cycle which includes performing analysis and design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of enterprise level application and large-scale application.
You will collaborate closely with software architects to discuss project requirements, design and related technologies.You will be responsible for the built and release of quality source code. Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the documentation throughout the software development life cycle.
Ideally, you should have a strong understanding of databases, caching, queueing, replication, load balancing and scalability: MariaDB and MySQL. Knowledge of database development, design and improvement within the MySQL/MariaDB DBMS.What do we need from you?
- A minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Demonstrated training or mentoring skills.
- You must feel comfortable communicating with clients, providing updates and proposing technical solutions.
- While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as:
- Experience developing on C/C++
- Ability to understand large pieces of code fast;
- Strong Object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience working with revision control tools (e.g. git)
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills in English
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively within a geographicallyTechnically strong, highly analytic and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of MySQL as a user
- Knowledge of MySQL internals
- Google Cloud ExperienceKnowledge of the different replication technologies
- Contributions to some open source projects
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks paid time off, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!You will be part of our Customer Service Delivery team that is entrusted to manage our global client's mission critical systems as well as deploying cutting edge technology from blockchain to serverless and cloud databases, covering all modern data and infrastructure. They deliver first class personalized level of service to our clients across financial, educational, media, retail and many more.Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out @Pythian
on Twitter and @loveyourdata
on Instagram!Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has openaround the world! Pythian CareersDisclaimer
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.