India | Hyderabad | Temporarily Work from Home(Office-Based in Future)Why you?
Are you a Hyderabad-based Technical Project Manager (TPM)? Do you have experience planning and leading cloud implementation and migrations projects? How about Big Data or DevOps projects? Are you a customer obsessed, creative, technical leader? Can you work with Solution Architects to implement the details of the backlogs you build together, consistent with best practices and customer satisfaction? Will you ensure Pythian’s customers get the most from their Google Cloud Platform or other cloud investments? This is not a typical project management role, the TPM role requires someone who is highly technical, ideally with a strong knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or other public cloud technologies (AWS or Azure etc). If you have a passion for technical project management and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!What will you be doing?
- As the Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering cloud related projects to Pythian’s customers. The TPM is focused on customer success, has demonstrated technical leader capabilities along with superior project management, problem solving, technical, communication, and cross-organizational leadership skills.
- Leading a wide range of concurrent highly technical cloud focused projects such as re-architecting and rehosting, lift-and-shifts, hybrid clouds, full rebuilds, cloud-native application modernizations, Data Migrations, DevOps transformations etc
- Developing and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Performing risk management on projects
- You will be an excellent communicator with great stakeholder management skills
- Interface with engineering teams and client teams for project requirements and scope
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Working closely with Pythian’s, Solutions Architecture, DevOps and Data Engineering teams as well as with clients technical teams to provide strategic insights in order to deliver the solution to the client.
- Providing technical project leadership to the teams, drive closure of technical issues by working with the architect, developers and client teams
- Developing metrics to monitor project performance and bring in best practices and champion process improvement initiatives across Pythian.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of the DevOps automation platforms
- Playing the role of a key advisor to the architects and engineers
- Reporting to Pythian amp; Clients on Project Financials
- Motivating and guiding highly technical engineers amp; developers removing roadblocks to ensure they can deliver.
What do we need from you?
- While we realize you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Technical Project Manager - Cloud job you will likely have experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- Be PMP or Agile CSM certified or working towards it.
- Experience in managing Agile projects. Leading Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Goals, Demo’s, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure technology stacks, holding a relevant technical certification would be ideal!
- Experience leading cloud migration projects, Dev Ops transformations or Big Data projects
- Experience in projects delivered via CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery)
- Strong exposure towards systems engineering, software engineering and contribution towards technical solution discussions
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and c-level leaders in the company
What do you get in return?
Why Pythian?Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Technical Project Manager with strong technical cloud experience; live in Hyderabad, India; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
- Competitive total rewards package including a performance bonus
- Flexible work environment
- Outstanding people:Collaborate with the industry’s top minds in inclusive and diverse teams with colleagues around the world
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Office Allowance:Purchase a device of your choosing and personalize your work environment!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us [email protected]and#pythianlife. [email protected]on Twitter [email protected]on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open around the world!Pythian Careers
DisclaimerFor this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.No recruitment agencies.