Noon Academy offers a social learning platform on mobile and web, enabling students to learn from the best teachers, and from each other. From our experience with students, we know that the biggest learning problem is not comprehension; rather, it is boredom. We believe that the $ 200 billion worldwide tutoring industry hasn't paid enough attention to this problem. Through a process of data-driven iterations and learning from students behavior, we know that great and engaging teachers coupled with a social and peer to peer learning environment is a combination that will solve the boredom of learning. That is why Noon Academy aspires to be THE social learning platform for 50 million students by 2023. Today we operate in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, Oman, and lately expanded to Pakistan and India and are looking to expand to more markets in the near future.
Noon Academy is looking for a talented Data Analyst who will be responsible for the Analytics function at Noon Academy and will play an integral part in shaping the direction and on-going strategy for Noon Academy through data driven insights and decision making.
The Data Analyst provides critical business intelligence for our Marketing, Product and Analytics teams by developing standard reports and dashboards across several different departments by specifically focusing on building in-depth knowledge of relevant databases, processes and programs. Additionally, this role provides strategic information to key stakeholders through data mining of databases and by deeply understanding business processes and programs. This role will also drive the development and communication of business performance reporting analysis.
You will work closely with different teams across the company to define and tackle focused as well as open-ended problems, own data accessibility by empowering teams to become data-driven and own data integrity amp; governance.
In the process, you will:
- Provide support and guidance to the Task Force/Senior stakeholders as it continues its focus on the identified business themes, associated data challenges and categorized data groups.
- Define the current data supply chain involving detailed analysis of components within the prioritized data categories.
- Define the problems within each data category and identify the scope and requirements.
- Identify and align solutions with the evolving new data architecture - phased from tactical to strategic.
- Focus on defining the current ownership and stewardship for data governance as well as gaining clear definitions for new and existing data elements for the data dictionary.
- Working in a variety of reporting systems and databases for the creation of recurring reports and dashboards
- Identifying nuances in data to optimize our business
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with strategy and marketplace teams enabling effective data analysis and reporting
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, results-focused, outcome-driven, and problem-solving who takes full ownership of their work
In particular, the requirements are:
- 4+ years’ experience in data analysis, modeling and/or visualization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a quantitative field
- Demonstrated experience supporting key business decisions through detailed analysis
- Ability to run and present various modeling scenarios quickly and accurately
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to articulate data analysis simply
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
- Ability to build, interpret, and execute complex SQL queries across platforms.
- Proficient with data visualization tools, Tableau proficiency is a MUST.
- Familiar with web analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics.
- Ability to work independently in a multifaceted fast paced environment, with minimal supervision.