Director / Center Manager
The Student Counsellor offers a specialist professional service on a confidential basis to individual students who are experiencing personal difficulties which may be affecting their work. In addition, the Student Counsellor will play a key role in Marketing/ Sales + helping students with their academic progress and personal / social development through group counselling, seminars and workshops.
The Student Counsellor will be the first formal contact with students seeking admission. He / She will act as the Marketing and Sales person who has to motivate and convince the student to seek admission and the salary + incentive will be the basis of the compensations..The range of duties assigned to the Student Counsellor may vary from time to time.
The Student Counsellor will develop and maintain close links with other student support services in the Institute and will advise on further sources of help within this community. The range of duties assigned to the Student Counsellor may vary from time to time.
- Develop recruiting strategy
- With Assistant Director for Communications, develop promotional materials and web content
- Represent the program at relevant conferences and meetings
- With Graduate School, manage admissions and selection process
- To provide individual counselling to students for appropriate courses keeping in view their individual, academic or personal development needs.
- To provide academic assessment and guidance
- To maintain case records and statistical data as required by the Institute.
- To provide group counselling to students with a view to helping their academic progress and personal / social development.
- To design and deliver seminars / workshops on life skills/personal development, Time Management etc.
- To organize and run, in collaboration with other appropriate staff, workshops or groups on study skills, presentation skills, examinations' techniques, etc.
- To be involved in the preparation and provision of special training/information seminars for staff
- To collaborate with staff in the design and provision of special programmes/projects, for example, induction, peer mentoring, etc.
- To support and provide training to student groups such as deserving and handicapped ones.
- To contribute to the evaluation, consumer satisfaction and research relating to Marketing and Student Counselling Service
- To liaise with and make referrals (as appropriate) to academic, administrative and support services staff within the Institute
- To maintain appropriate levels of external supervision
- To participate in regular in-service consultation, ongoing training and professional development
- To participate in student services team meetings as appropriate
- In the context of the Student Counselling Service's procedures and policy, to liaise with and refer students to external services as appropriate
- To assist the Institute in anticipating, identifying and providing conditions that will facilitate the well being and success of students and in developing educational programmes for students
- To participate in the review and development of student services procedures and policies
- To prepare statistics relevant to the institute and to produce an annual report on the work of the institute and other reports as required from time to time
- To participate in all committees/groups of which the appointee is a member or to which he/she is assigned
- To perform such other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Institute
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Dynamic & Friendly
- Organization Skills
- Time management
- Detailed oriented
- Fluent in English Language
- Works in afternoon shift from (2-10)pm
- At least 2nd class honours degree in Marketing / Journalism / Public Relations or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in counselling or educational psychology or equivalent.
- Be a member or be eligible to be a member of appropriate professional body.
- Substantial student counselling experience.
- Preferably resident of surrounding area
- Females would be preferred
- Willing to work under stress and on weekends