"Radio Jockey" is an excellent work-at-home internship opportunity for those who wish to be a part of ever expanding electronic media in future.
A Radio Jockey is meant for hosting radio programmes. They are also called compere, programme presenter and announcer. But 'Radio Jockey' sounds more 'cool' for younger generation especially when a programme is being hosted on FM.
In addition to playing music on air, a Radio Jockey also chats with the audience, keep them amused, provide information on topics such as music, weather, traffic etc. They also play requests from listeners, interview guests and manage contests.
A RJ should be able to create bond with the listener, should be friendly, warm, and have a good voice and good command over the language. Youngsters are preferred as they have new ideas.
A Radio Jockey must have good voice and clarity while speaking 'on-air'.
Other qualities that a RJ should have are:
1. Should be well read and knowledgeable.
2. Should have knowledge of current affairs.
3. Should have idea of latest trends and fashion.
4. Should have the qualities to chat with the guest in the studio or audience over telephone.
5. Should be able to operate modern electronic gadgets like computer and Internet.
6. Should must have a computer with a headphone & mic connected to at least a DSL connection.
7. Should must have a library of at least 500 Pakistani & Indian mp3 songs.