Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 26th March, 2021
The Partner Engineer would have a unique opportunity to help define and execute Veon Venture’ strategy for digital growth in the world by combining deep engineering and product skills with a passion for digital services (e.g. payments, financial services, TV/media streaming, cloud, big data, etc.), ensuring integrations with our strategic partners are successful and drive impact. This position is permanent and will be based in Pakistan.
The role directly reports to the Partner Engineer Manager for Veon.
What does the Partner Engineer do?
- Deeply understand Veon Venture’s platform architecture across group and relevant Opcos and underlying implementation.
- Expertise on payments, financial services, TV/media streaming, cloud, big data, etc.), able to influence both internal and external teams.
- Manage technical aspects of relationships with our strategic partners at group and relevant Opcos.
- Develop deep integrations and custom solutions for and with our partners.
- Influence the product roadmap through representation of the needs of Veon and our partner ecosystem.
- Collaborate closely with our Product and Engineering teams present in the Opcos and software house to design and implement new product features.
- Build technical resources and tools to scale onboarding of new partners.
- Reviewing, planning, designing and implementing local and regional solutions following projects standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems. Responsible for understanding the user needs to propose adequate solution alternatives.
- Complying with SOA architecture standards, continuously identifying areas of improvement in our Solutions Framework and taking initiatives to new approaches to optimize our existing processes.
- Preparing appropriate software architecture documentation based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification and ensuring alignment with the regional system architecture.
- Managing project timelines and deliverables keeping track of the milestones.
- Define time, costs and quality constraints and then guide software houses and/or 3rd parties to ensure integrity of the solution within these constraints. This role will be accountable for consistency, integrity and delivery of the entire solutions.
- Understanding the support processes to ensure the most beneficial solution is implemented in the operations.
What are we looking for and what does it take to be the Partner Engineer?
- Previous experience (10+ years) as a software engineer, developer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer, in Fintech, banking, finance or payment solutions is required (or one of the other areas of focus for Veon Ventures)
- Experience managing technical relationships with third party services or partners required
- Experience interacting with technical and business audiences on all levels required.
- Experience building or integrating with payment services, apis and/or gateways a strong plus.
- Due to Opco footprint business fluency in Urdu, Bangali, Russian, French is a plus.
Willingness and ability to travel ~30% of time is required.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 65 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.