The positions will be required to instruct students/youth in different sports activities and games. They will be required to organize events like sports competitions, sports summer camps, etc. to encourage the youth to participate in sports and games. They will have to lead and educate the youth in the benefits and advantages of sporting, and the different personal qualities that they will gain by being a part of different sports activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Coaching individuals and groups in different sports at prescribed schools, colleges and facilities
2. Explaining and demonstrating the use of equipment involved in various games
3. Explaining and demonstrating different principles, techniques and safety rules of regulating movement of body, hands and feet during sports activities to achieve proficiency
4. Conducting workshops for students to help them understand values of healthy sports and a healthy life
5. Organizing different events such as interclass competitions, tournaments, summer camps, sports week, etc.
6. Monitoring and evaluating performance of students and providing appropriate feedback
7. Inspiring confidence in athletes
8. Liaising with other partners in performance management such as physiotherapists, doctors and nutritionists
9. Coordinate with other institutes to create avenues where students and youth can be engaged in games and sports activities
- Good leadership skills
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Counseling and guidance skills will be an added asset
- Should be sensitive to all sectors of youth and all problems associated with youth development