Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
Duty Station: Peshawar (with travel to Merged Areas)
Type of Contract: Consultancy
No. of Positions: 01 Position
Duration: 10 days a month from March 2021 to June 2021 (with a possibility of extension)
The Government of KP has adopted a multi-year Accelerated Implementation Program (AIP) 2019-2022, to address the key developmental gaps in the Merged Areas (MA), erstwhile Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). AIP is the first programme under the Tribal Decade Strategy (TDS) of the government that seeks to address developmental disparity of the MA and bring these areas at par with the rest of Pakistan.
UNDP is implementing its Merged Areas Governance Project (MAGP) as a key partner in the process of erstwhile FATA development. Keeping in view the comparative advantage of the MA, special programmes will be designed and implemented to create employment that will increase incomes and broaden economic opportunities. Early uptake of interventions will be achieved through context specific project designs and implementation arrangements. Some of these key projects will focus on social welfare and women empowerment. For this purpose, we are seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Expert.
- Review of existing Mamp;E framework and the suggestion of necessary changes and improvements.
- Capacity assessment of staff on existing monitoring and evaluation system.
- Capacity Building of the relevant government department through training on Mamp;E
- Develop, organize and conduct training module for capacity enhancement of Mamp;E staff and government officials
- Ensure an appropriate Mamp;E system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily. Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
- Develop a plan for digitization of existing Mamp;E systems
- Candidate to be resource on call; any other relevant task assigned by the Lead Economic Advisor (LEA) during contract duration.
- MBA or Master’s in Gender Studies, Development, or any relevant degree from a reputable organization;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Fluency in the English and Urdu is required. Fluency in Pashto is highly desirable;
- Good understanding and knowledge of KP region, especially the MA;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work under stress and to multi-task;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork;
- Excellent skills in report writing;
- Positive attitude with a mindset to deliver development services in a professional manner;
- Self-development and initiative taker; Work experience with international organizations and/or the United Nations is preferred.
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Work experience with international organizations and/or the United Nations is preferred
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the organizational values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Human rights and gender equality are prioritized as ethical principles within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with Social and Environmental Standards of the organization;
- Any kind of diversity based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered in all aspects of the programme;
- An inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations through the creation of an enabling and accessible work setup;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings, etc.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your technical skills in a policy environment alongside national and international experts
- Competitive market salary
- Daily sustenance allowance while on official travel
- International work environment
- Women-friendly workplace
Reporting lines: Direct and dotted line:
Joint reporting to Lead Economic Advisor and Sector Specialist.
Payment will be disbursed on approval of deliverables by Lead Economic Advisor
This position may be subject to an online written test and video interview