Noon Academy is one of the fastest-growing EdTech startups in the World and the first in delivering social learning at scale. It makes study fun by crafting a peer-to-peer learning experience that is joyful, collaborative, and informative. Students join friends in study groups, competitions, and LIVE sessions with star teachers in which they can collaborate and problem-solve together in a breakout format. No wonder engagement rocketed to 78 min/day on average in its social features, 5x the global benchmark of EdTech apps.
Today, Noon Academy is loved by over 10 million registered students. Students across 8 countries participate in various study groups and learn from over 25k teachers.
We have raised $21 million and want to turn Noon into a global social learning platform that radically transforms the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to provide accurate and data-based information on a company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity. You will research and analyze financial information to help the company make well-informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
- Identify trends, advise the company and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis.
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Analyze financial data and create models for decision making including investigating and explaining unusual variances, identifying, researching, monitoring and reporting operational trends that impact business performance.
- Create reports on financial performance and key metrics for monthly leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results and perform variance analysis and make improvement recommendations.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Work closely with operational teams on estimation as well as cost and revenue optimization.
- Assists in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes including compiling and reviewing cost input, budget preparation, reconciliation and presentation.
- 2-5 years of experience as a financial analyst including strong financial modeling skills
- Expert excel skills; databases and financial software applications experience preferred
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting, corporate finance and information analysis
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, money market and business environments
- Strong project management skills with the capacity to work independently and proactively
- Exceptional organization skills and gives attention to detail
- Team player and a self-starter
- Continuous learning mindset
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Chance to work with a fun-loving, driven and smart team.
- Create impact and revolutionize the learning experience for millions of students in your country and the region
- Learn from world experts in the field of technology, education and business.
- Market competitive salary
- Non-hierarchical work environment
- Flexible working environment
Just So You Know
Noon Academy celebrates diversity. Be it race, colour, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.