Duties below are representative but not wholly inclusive:
1. Operates office equipment as required: word processing, TSO, minicomputer, or related devices. Transcribes information
from handwritten drafts, shorthand notes or dictating systems. Ensures output is accurate and on time.
2. Prepares routine correspondence and routes completed corrspondence for signatures. Reviews outgoing correspondence
for proper format, enclosures, grammar, etc.
3. Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
4. Receives telephone calls and visitors, answers routine questions, takes messages. Refers other matters as appropriate.
5. Receives and consolidates information/reports from subordinate organizational areas, and assists in the preparation of
routine planning and programs reports (accountability, operating budgets).
6. Secures and presents information as requested from files, library, or other sources.
7. Creates and maintains information and filing systems, records and indices, including follow-up and confidential matters.
8. Maintains timekeeping systems.
9. Makes tentative appointments for supervisor or others as required.
10. Handles travel arrangements and itineraries of supervisor or others as directed.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
1) Required stenographic and secretarial experience performing general secretarial duties, with
emphasis on task adaptability,
2) Excellent knowledge of oral and written English.
3) Must have ability to type 55 net words per minute with 85% accuracy, and take and transcribe shorthand at 70 words per
minute with 90% accuracy. Must be conversant with standard office computer software packages for word processing, spread
sheets, etc. such as Word, Excel, or other standard packages. Work requires tact, courtesy and understandable speaking
voice, and the ability to make effective public contacts.