Are you passionate about enabling companies to be socially and globally responsible, protecting employees, preserving the environment, and building long term sustainable solutions?
If the answer to this is yes, then RESEARH has an opportunity where you can make a a positive impact on the world every day.
RESEARCH is a leading NGO that provides Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability management and technical services to the world's leading companies. We are looking for a senior level consultant who is highly motivated by the cultivation of long-term and mutually rewarding relationships with clients and business partners, and who takes personal responsibility to ensure shared success.
In this position, you will work with existing clients on their environmental programs and you will also develop business with new and existing clients, so position responsibilities will be split between sales, consulting and client management. You will provide technical leadership, mentor others and may manage 10-15 staff over time.
The successful candidate for the Environmental Consultant position will have 7 years of experience with a focus on environmental compliance and environmental programs; including prior success developing business as a consultant.
Experience in a variety of industries, including high-tech and biotech is important. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strengths in one or more of the following areas:
• Environmental Services (non-remediation)
• Air Quality
• Hazardous Waste
• Hazardous Materials
• Water Quality
• Developing environmental permits
• Providing management consulting support to clients including ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems implementation and maintenance
• Developing and implementing written environmental plans and programs
• Preparing and submitting applications for environmental permits
• Performing environmental audits
• Supporting technical environmental training
• RoHS/WEEE (Product Stewardship)
You should have:
• Prior success developing opportunities, including estimating work scope and price, writing proposals, following up on contacts and meetings, attending conferences and other marketing events, and meeting sales goals.
• A proven track record of establishing and implementing a variety of environmental plans and programs
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations.
• Knowledge of LEED, ISO 14001, product stewardship, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility
• Prior environmental consulting experience is required.
• LEED AP
• Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) - desirable
• Registered Environmental Assessor (REA) - desirable
• ISO 14001 Lead Auditor - desirable
The following skills are also important for success at RESEARCH:
• Building effective working relationships with teams of consultant and clients in all areas including engineering and manufacturing
• Performing project management and internal customer management
• Interacting effectively with clients to identify and sell RESEARCH’S services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply math (including basic algebra and statistics)
• Ability to gather and organize data from multiple sources **Ability to plan and implement projects
• Computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
May be required to work with or in an environment with health hazard and unwanted chemicals