1. JOB DETAILS:
Position Title:Project Finance & Cost Controller
Reports to:Project Manager and Finance Manager
Department:Cost & Accounts
Prepared / Revised on:05.09.10
2. JOB PURPOSE:
To compile, maintain, and provide timely, relevant, and accurate financial performance and cost management data. In doing so, this individual will prepare and update monthly reports, track performance against projections, work with projects and personnel department to understand cost impacts of manpower status changes, work on implementing corrective action plans to improve cost performance, investigate data and operational inconsistencies, prepare and analyze monthly financial and operational report
3. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Number of Staff Supervised:Direct ReportsAccounts Officer, Job Cost Controller
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take active part in preparation of monthly cost reports in close interaction with the Senior Accountant and Finance Manager, to generate reports incorporating comments on status on variations/ claims/ receivables etc as part of the cost report- identify areas for implementing internal control, and effective reporting
- Identifies and examines costs inconsistent with projected values; Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures accuracy of cost data.
- Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to projects
- Assist in calculation of cost savings for budget and measurement of actual savings.
- Serve as backup to the Accounting Assistant in all G/L transaction posting, standard journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Act as a resource to Projects regarding all accounting issues, reporting and analysis.
- Completes and interprets cost audits.
- Processes and analyze engineering project costs, including: tooling, samples and accounts payable and receivables.
- Prepares engineering project cost analysis reports for presentation to top management.
6. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Daily Contacts with Senior Accountant, Finance Manager, Project/Production Managers, Procurement, Planning, Personnel/ HR and project team members.
7. FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Reports to Senior Accountant.
Works according to established policies and professional standards.
Completed work is subject to review by Senior Accountant and Finance Manager.
8. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum Experience:
1.5 years professional experience in cost accounting preferably in EPC turnkey projects environment.
2.Bachelors degree in accounting required.
3.Experience with ERP software required (JD Edwards preferred).
1.Must be well organized, detail oriented and good with numbers.
2.Good interpersonal skills.
3.Strong verbal and writing skills.
5.Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ICWA preferred
- Strong communication skills.
- Skills in Auditing necessary
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Influencing and Communicating
- Team Working
- Managing Information