To provide support to Engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture.
Make copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database.
Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to Engineers or Supervisor.
As CAD operator you must have:
1. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology.
2. Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
3. Familiarity of CAD/CAM equipment and relationship of CAD to
4. CAM. High school with Associate's degree in Computer Aided Drafting and math, and/or equivalent experience and training.
** Essential Duties and Respsonsibilities include the following:-
(Other duties may be assigned)
* Use computer assisted design/drafting (Solid Works CAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
* Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
* Make final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
* Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances,tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
* Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete
* Autocad 7-8-9 CAD Structure & 3D MAX
* Excellent Speed of At least 2 sheets per day