1. Organizing and directing the collection,
processing, analysis and publication of statistical data on various subject matter
relevant to the economic and social conditions of the country.
2. Supervises subordinate staff performing statistical routines related to the
compilation and presentation of statistical data and helps resolve problems
3. Designs worksheets, table formats, charts and supervises their presentation. 4. Designs survey questionnaires and data collection instruments for the collection
of primary and secondary data.
5. Prepares manual for the guidance and instruction of Survey Interviewers.
6. Documents methodologies and procedures used in the compilation and analysis of
data, as well as data sources and limitations of estimates and guidelines for their
7. Applies statistical techniques and methods in the processing and analysis of data.
8. Designs and/ develops or applies standard classification systems and promotes
their use as part of the coordination function of the statistical service.
9. Studies, adapts and applies international recommendations and guidelines for the
compilation of specific bodies of statistics
10. Prepares and publishes statistical and technical reports and research papers.
11. Represents the Statistical Office at meetings, technical committees, conferences