SUMMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Support Sales with technical knowledge / expertise on filter/coalescor housings and instrumented skids
- Provide technical quotations and costing to be delivered to customers via Sales to agreed specifications and within required time-line.
- Manage execution of orders with subcontractors : Risk Assessments, project kick off, project management, design supervision, QC, interface with customer.
- Liaise with other Applications managers in Europe and Africa in order to improve overall efficiency.
- Liaise with supply chain for order administration and reporting
(a)Line Management Responsibility:
- Technical contents of the quotations and accuracy of costing
- Assessment of technical risks on customer side (specifications) and on supplier side (capabilities)
- Management of his own processes consistently with upstream/downstream processes managed by other functions
PASS Director MENA
- Deliver products within budget and with no penalty
- Provide imput to supply chain in order to reduce cost by leveraging supplier relationships to deliver the best proposition at the lowest total cost whilst maintaining customer service and product quality
(a)Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Materials general characteristics: Carbon, low alloy, Austenitic, Duplex, and Ni alloys steel, polymers, lining
- Material standards, and product forms.
- Codes requirements and their interpretations
- Review, understanding and interpretation of customer specifications mostly in the oil and gas , and powergeneration industries.
- Experience in codes requirements as a minimum ASME Viii Div I and EN13445, PD5500, AD2000, Codap is highly advantangeous.
- General Understanding of welding processes, heat treatment, and destructive testing.
- General understanding of valves, instruments and electrical components as well as Piping and Instrument diagrams
- Manufacturing processes of pressure vessels and support structures.
- First principal pressure & stress calculations and compilation in technical reports.
- Systematic and consistent approach to project handling and reporting.
- Minimum of Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered Chartered Engineer / Euro Engineer or equivalent
(c)Essential Previous Experience:
- 5 years minimum with engineering companies, metal vessels fabricators or inspection companies.
- Valid Passport is essential.
- Prepare in time accurate costing for vessels
- Get reliable quotes from subcontractors and keeping a good relation with the team
- Analysis of customer needs from the technical standpoint
- Support Sales in making decisions and partner with Sales in final negotiations
- Make sure that invoicing is done in time
- Manage small projects in full transparency (critical path analysis, staying in budget etc.)
Visit subcontractors to get a good understanding of the made progress
- Prepare and execute a good hand over to PASS when appropriate
General Health and Safety:
To follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
To keep your work area tidy and free from hazards.
To make a positive contribution to house keeping.
Report and address any safety defects.