- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in other purchasing departments.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Arrange the payment of duty and freight charges.
- Result oriented
- Detail focus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to stretch him/herself to meet demanding agenda
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written.
- Proficiency in spoken English
- Proficient in maintaining speed in work